.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Being A Physical Therapist.

No matter what you are experiencing right now my friend, no matter what may be happening today. God has still good things in store for you. It may not be easy to see now, but God will line up new beginning for you, new friendship, new opportunities, new plans for you. Maybe you had setbacks, delays and difficulty, but don’t make the mistake of expecting the same again. Claim and embrace the new season that God will give you!
Molly and Me, her patient. lol...

And as a physical therapist seeing patient who are disable, crippled by their diseases, you can always expect that majority of them are so negative about their lives, negative about their attitude, about their sickness, negative about their future. And two days ago, noticed one patient that is really extra ordinary, I was reading his medical chart and by reading his chart alone, you will notice that this patient will be another regular pessimistic patient who will just complain about what he has and how miserable his life is. He has a very crippling disease, multiple back surgeries, multiple failed rotator cuff shoulder surgeries, hypertension, dyslipidemia, kidney problems, eye problems, cannot ambulate, he cannot even stand up from his bed, nor sit up from lying down, he needs maximum assist from lying down supine to sit up, he is totally dependent in transfer, name the disease, he has it, we call this type of patient “perfect package”, a pangkabuhayan showcase kumbaga. When I first entered his room, it smelled like urine and feces, he was soaking wet and soiled. I said, this is totally unbelievable, I don’t know what to do with him now. But by observing him, I was able to know that he still believe he can do it and God still has a plan for his life, not just after life, but in this life. I just realize that God will put you in a trial in life to help you fulfill his destiny and plan in your life. God intentionally put this person to go in this trial to be a fulfillment of His destiny in that facility. And knowing and talking to that person, I just learned that he used to a pastor of a church and now I know what his purpose is to share the word. Our goal now is for him is not just to stand up and walk, not just to improve his bed mobility, or improve his transfers, not just to improve his own quality of life, but to go to the dining area and share the good news to the other patients in the facility and improving the quality of life of all the people in the facility!

I just want to encourage you my friend that no matter what may be happening today. God has good things in store for you in the future. It may not be easy as of now, but God will use you for His own very purpose! The person I was talking about was being used as an instrument of God to bless other people, even though he looks crippled, he tries to encourage other people by making other people smile.

Let us be like this person, that even though he has a crippling disease, he still believes that God can make turn things around not just for him but as well as to other people. Let’s imitate that attitude, and start saying positive words even though you see negativity in your lives. You may be like him, the medical report may not look good, but he declares another report that God says He is restoring health unto him. Start saying “even though the economy is down, I am not worried, I know God will take care of me,” “Even though I failed this exam, God will help me push through.” It may look impossible in the natural, it may seem impossible, but our report should be “I know God can do the impossible!

Be encouraged today and don't give up on your tomorrows because God has a good plan in store for you! I am blessed and so are YOU!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future;"
(Jeremiah 29:11)